Worksheet # 1
Days of the Week
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Sunday is the day that is named after the sun.
- Monday is the day that is named after the moon.
- Saturday is the day that is named after the planet Saturn.
- The other days of the week are named after gods that Europeans worshipped a long, long time ago.
- Tuesday is named after Tiu, an old German god of war and the sky.
- Wednesday is named after Woden, the ancient German main or chief god. Woden is also their god of art and war.
- Thursday is named after Thor, the Norse god of thunder, strength, and war. Thor had a magic hammer. He is the son of Odin who was equal to Woden.
- Friday is named after Frigg, the wife of Odin and goddess of heaven.