Suggestions for Using the Childhood Biographies
- Ask the students the following ( their answer can be oral or written):
- If they DO NOT know what the adult contributions of the subjects were
What did the experiences of their childhood prepared them for as adults?
- If they DO know what the adult contributions of the subjects were
How did their childhood experiences prepare them for it?
- Can you describe any similarities between the experiences you have had personally with those of the subjects?
- Can you describe the lessons you have personally experienced with those read in the biographies?
Students can submit illustrations or pages for postings.
- the title of the biography, and page of the illustration,
- the drawing to be submitted by e-mail as a "gif" or "jpg" file
(for pictures submitted by regular mail, see below),
- the name, age, grade, and school of the student,
- the city and state of the student and school attended.
Other suggestions on uses of these biographies will be appreciated.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
W.E.B. DuBois Learning Center
Attn: LL Dixon (biographies)
5501 Cleveland Avenue
Kansas City, Missouri 64130
Telehub Homepage |
Learning Center Homepage