ANCESTRAL WORDS of WISDOM
- "Our Children must never lose their zeal for building a better world."
Mary McCleod Bethune
- "We are one, our cause is one, and we must help each other if we are to succeed."
- "When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion."
- "Believing in yourself takes courage. Facing the future takes hope. Carry both in your heart."
- "I can make something out of the children… they have the essence of greatness in them."
Zora Neal Hurston
- "If you have friends, you are not alone."
- "A friend is the one who praises you when you are not there."
- "The tree cannot live without its branches."
- "When you follow in the path of your father, you learn to walk like him."
- "I've known rivers; I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins."
— Langston Hughes
- "Life is the best school—and the hardest."
— South Africa
- "Learn by others' mistakes because you do not live long enough to make them all yourself."
- "I have walked that long road to freedom. But I can rest only for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities; and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended."
— Nelson Mandela
- "Your child doesn't belong to you, and you must prepare your child to pick up the burden of his life long before the moment when you must lay your burden down."
— James Baldwin
- "Everyday is a donation to eternity and even one hour is a contribution to the future."
— Maulana Karenga
- "The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself; but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you even into eternity."
— Marcus Garvey
- "If you are tired, keep going; if you are scared, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going, if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
— Harriet Tubman
- "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is now."
— African Proverb
Telecommunications Homepage |
W.E.B. DuBois Learning Center Homepage